What is Deferred Action?
What It Is:
- It will let undocumented youth (age 15-30) apply for work authorization and support themselves.
What it Isn't:
- It isn't a change in immigration law.
- It isn't amnesty, nor immunity.
- It isn't permanent.
- It isn't a way to get a green card or citizenship.
- It isn't legal status.
- It won't let undocumented youth vote or petition for family members.
If you want to find out more information about Deferred Action and President Obama's recent remarks on immigration, you should contact an immigration lawyer.