Shrinking Oceans and Cutting Red Tape in Pursuit of the American Dream

Immigration Law Blog

Blog on immigration law information, issues and news.

Immigration, Spouse/Fiance Visas and Children

If you are petitioning for your spouse or fiance to come over and live in the U.S., and there are kids involved, you have a couple of options available.  If you are a U.S. Citizen, you need to file separate immigrant visa petitions for each of your children.  Children born abroad after you became a U.S. Citizen may qualify for U.S. Citizenship.  They should apply for U.S. Passports.  If the consular officer decides your child is not a U.S. Citizen, the child must apply for an immigrant visa if he/she wants to live in the U.S.

To learn more about immigration and children, you should contact an immigration attorney.