Shrinking Oceans and Cutting Red Tape in Pursuit of the American Dream

Immigration Law Blog

Blog on immigration law information, issues and news.

What happens if I don't remove the conditions on my green card?

If you are a conditional resident that obtained status through marriage, you need file form I-751 to petition to remove the conditions on your residence and get a permanent green card.  You need to do so within 90 days before your conditional residency card expires.  If you don't file the I-751 petition, you'll lose your permanent residence status and then you'll be removable.

If you need legal advice regarding removing the conditions on your residency, you should contact an immigration attorney.