What is inadmissability?
A person may be "inadmissible" immigration-wise if they fall under certain circumstances, including:
- undocumented entry and immigration status violations
- criminal history (for certain crimes)
- health related reasons (they have certain communicable diseases)
- previous removal or unlawful presence
- belief that the person will be a security threat
Those are the main grounds for inadmissibility, and there are a few more. If you're applying for a visa or adjustment of status and you've been found inadmissible, or think that you may be inadmissible, you should speak with an immigration attorney to see if you qualify for a waiver