Shrinking Oceans and Cutting Red Tape in Pursuit of the American Dream

Immigration Law Blog

Blog on immigration law information, issues and news.

Do I qualify for a I-601 waiver?

If you're applying for a fiance or spouse visa, and you think you're inadmissible, or you've been determined inadmissible, you'll probably need to apply for a I-601 waiver.  To qualify, your fiance or spouse must prove that it will be an extreme hardship to them if your visa isn't approved and they'll need to relocate to your home country.  This is the kind of case where it would be really beneficial to have an immigration attorney prepare the waiver application, since this standard is hard to meet.